Friday, February 15, 2013

Now on Tour Ragnar the Murderer by Lily Byrne



February 15 Interview
Fang-tastic Books

February 16 Spotlight
Pure Textuality

February 19 Spotlight
Reviewing in Chaos   

February 22 Guest blog
Roxanne’s Realm

February 23 Interview
The Creatively Green Write at Home Mom

February 25 Guest blog
Lisa’s World of Books

February 26 Spotlight
Sapphyria's Book Reviews 

February 27 Guest blog

February 28 Spotlight
Secret Southern Couture

March 1 Interview and review
Always a Booklover –



Ragnar the Murderer
Lily Byrne

Publisher: Taylor Street Books

ISBN: 13: 978-1463698379
ASIN: B005BENNW2

Number of pages: 210
Word Count: 40,000


A tale of love and treachery.

It is a time of uneasy truce, of two races living side-by-side, inter-marrying even, but forever on the look out  for treachery among their neighbors.

They meet, they bathe together and they consort. Life is short, fun is likely to be brief, and opportunity has to be seized wherever it can be found without unleashing long-held rivalries and carnage.

Then the youthful Dane, Ragnar, falls in love with Aelfwyn the Angle who is already promised by duty to one of her own village.

Ragnar and Aelfwyn's passionate love affair is a secret which will never be hidden for long, but theirs is not the 
only secret around.

When Ragnar finds himself charged with murder, he and Aelfwyn are forcibly parted. But is Ragnar really a  cold-blooded, cynical killer or is there a more sinister plot being played out?


Lily Byrne

I faffed around at writing for many years until I had my daughter, but becoming a mum seemed to kick start something in me: I realised that I now had a purpose and time was limited, so I must get on with it.

The winter of 2009 was severe and as I and my family live in a small village, we were house bound by unusually deep snow for southern England. So I settled down in my office (i.e. the corner of our bedroom) and began my first book, which was published in 2010.

I haven’t stopped writing since. I go through phases of planning my story, writing furiously, or editing it. It is much easier now my daughter is at school and I get a few hours of work done each day.

My daughter has truly been an inspiration to me: she has had severe health problems in her short life but is always smiling and laughing, planning for the future, full of ideas. Working at home writing and editing has been ideal, I love my life.






No comments: